Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Home > Travel Registry
If you are traveling abroad in one of the following ways, you must register your trip:
- Athletic Team International Trip
- Student Club/Organization International Trip
- Faculty-led Study/Research Abroad
- Arch Semester Away International Experience
- International Co-op or Internship
- School of Architecture Semester/Short-term Program Abroad
- Any other international trip organized by or under the auspices of Rensselaer with the exception of programs indicated below.
Note: Students who are returning to their home country for any purpose other than study abroad/exchange currently do not need to register their travel.
As part of the Travel Registration process you will be asked to do the following:
- Complete an application with travel details, including travel destination, dates and flight information
- Upload a copy of the ID-page of your passport
- Read, sign, print, scan and upload an Institute liability waiver form
- Read and sign a Conditions of Participation
- Create a profile and register your travel with International SOS
- Create a profile and register your travel with the U.S. Department of State via the Smart Travel Enrollment Program
- Read a number of predeparture documents regarding health, safety and other important travel matters
Registration is required. Students who fail to register risk a hold on their Rensselaer student account.