As a result of the Covid-19 Pandemic, Rensselaer has suspended all university-related international travel to any country until further notice.
Undergraduate students who are travelling abroad under the auspices of Rensselaer must register their travel plans with the Office of International Programs (OIP).
If you are traveling abroad in one of the following ways, you must register your trip:
- Athletic Team International Trip
- Student Club/Organization International Trip
- Faculty-led Study/Research Abroad
- Arch Semester Away International Experience
- International Co-op or Internship
- School of Architecture Semester/Short-term Program Abroad
- Any other international trip organized by or under the auspices of Rensselaer with the exception of programs indicated below.
Note: Students who are returning to their home country for any purpose other than study abroad/exchange currently do not need to register their travel.
As part of the Travel Registration process you will be asked to do the following:
- Complete an application with travel details, including travel destination, dates and flight information
- Upload a copy of the ID-page of your passport
- Read, sign, print, scan and upload an Institute liability waiver form
- Read and sign a Conditions of Participation
- Create a profile and register your travel with International SOS
- Create a profile and register your travel with the U.S. Department of State via the Smart Travel Enrollment Program
- Read a number of predeparture documents regarding health, safety and other important travel matters
Registration is required. Students who fail to register risk a hold on their Rensselaer student account.